Tuesday, May 24, 2011

An Excerpt From Still Sucking in San Francisco

We pull up to a beautifully restored Victorian with wildflowers planted in every square inch of the lawn. Humming bird feeders and bird baths are squeezed in. Wrens, bushtits and buzzing iridescent hummingbirds dart through the air, chirp or make use of the stone baths. The whole house pulses with magick but it was blue magick and beautiful. A simple sign hangs near the door that reads ‘Starbird’.
     “Starbird?! The Starbird! You know Starbird?”
     “I’m her Goddess mother,” Helena nonchalantly says. “I was there when she came into the world, glowing of magick even then.”
     “How is that possible?”
     “The gift is very strong in some of us. She was born with it. Her mother was a Wiccan too. She has a lovely soul and has made her life’s work educating others. I'm truly proud of her. But even I need to make an appointment,” Helena says with a bit of irritation. I hid a smile.

Just a little snippet from what I am working on this morning. This is a book about vampires but also has witches and magick resonating through it. A touch of humor and hopefully some twists and turns. Happy reading. ~

3 comments:

  1. @ Jaycee ~ It will be a while for this one. I am temporarily shelving it. I have a new WIP that has all my attention right now. A paranormal mystery :)

    ReplyDelete