Monday, May 23, 2011

Vampires and Texting

I'm doing some rewrites on my WIP (work in progress) Sucking in San Francisco and I am considering having my vampires text each other. They call each other, why wouldn't they text? The main character uses an iPhone and an iPad, she's savvy. Charlaine Harris, for goodness sake, has her vampires and King of the fairies calling each other on cell phones during battle. If she can get away with something like that shouldn't I?

But that's the rub. She's Charlaine Harris :) Would I get away with it, should I? Oh reader... the few of you there are... what do you think? Are vampires 21st century enough to text and use gadgets or should they stay mysterious and dark?

1 comment:

  1. Totally do it! Your books have humor and are contemporary, so why not? Just my humble hardly-ever-reads-paranormal opinion. ;)

    ReplyDelete