Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rain and RWA 2011 Envy

It's raining here which is very odd for this time of year so instead of sunny California we have wet, drippy, soggy California. Big bummer. Where did that gorgeous sun from the solstice go? The weather channel said it looked like a winter storm moving through. Not what we want to hear. So I'm moping. Almost everyone I know is in New York City having a great time and I am sitting here listening to ABBA and watching the rain come down.

That's right it's RWA's (Romance Writers of America) National Convention for 2011. Big turnouts this year, big authors, big parties. I heard via twitter that the lines to get in went four blocks down Broadway. Craaazaaay!

So, what's a girl to do? I'll tell you. Go to M is for Mystery in San Mateo tonight to an author signing by the fabulous Sophie Littlefield and the marvelous Juliet Blackwell. Their new books just came out this month. A Bad Day for Scandal by Littlefield and Hexes and Hemlines by Blackwell. Both books are latest releases in a their respective series. A bad Day for Scandal has been called Littlefield's best so far and Blackwell's Hemlines and Hexes is full of rich characters and is an A+ in my opinion.

Worth the trip my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment